We have made food look beautiful and taste delicious. Whether it is cheese trickling from the fries or chocolate sauce rolling down from the ice-cream; it is hard not to indulge yourself in such appealing delicacies. But we also understand that foods such as this are unhealthy and eventually cause weight gain. Being overweight causes many diseases such as diabetes, heart problems, blood pressure and more. Thus we look forward to following diet plans that help us in getting our healthy lives back.
Dieticians across the world come up with different versions of diet plans. There are over hundred types of diet plans and trends available that claim to help in weight loss. To narrow down your search for a good diet plan, we have for you a list of popular diet plans and trends that may actually work for your weight loss goals this year. If you want to find out the best online casinos in UK visit Spinsify.
- Mediterranean Diet
This diet takes its name from the countries staying around the Mediterranean Sea that follow a certain cuisine where they consume lots of fruits, beans, vegetables, seafood whole grains, olive oil, nuts, and seeds.
The main constituents of Mediterranean diet are:
- Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains. Whole grains such as bulgur, quinoa, and faro are wonderful options.
- Dairy products can be eaten moderately. Yogurt and some amount of cheese can be consumed.
- Eggs, fish, poultry, and beans must be a part of the daily diet.
- Intake of red meat should be limited
Red wine in moderation is allowed in this diet. Along with this healthy diet, one must also indulge in some extra-curricular activities.
- Ketogenic Diet
The keto diet is a low carb and high-fat diet. Those following the diet are required to replace carbs with fats. When carbs are limited, the body goes into ketosis, it makes the body a fat-burning machine. The diet also helps in bringing down the insulin levels. Not only does this diet help in weight loss, but it also lowers the risk of many diseases such as high blood pressure, heart diseases and makes the brain sharper.
The main constituents of the ketogenic diet are:
- All vegetables except those that are grown underground such as potato, turnip, sweet potato, etc.
- All types of meat like chicken, mutton, beef, fish, seafood, etc. Frozen meats including salamis, sausages, etc. are permitted in the diet.
- Healthy fat based oils like avocado oil, MCT oil, coconut oil or any other nut oil. The oils should be extra virgin
- Avocado is the only fruit that is permitted in this diet. Besides avocado, you can consume some berries like blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Blueberries are high in carbs and must be avoided.
- All types of seeds and nuts can be consumed.
- Pulses and grains or whole grains are not permitted in the diet, and if you wish to add bread or chapatti to your diet, then you would have to make use of almond flour or coconut flour to bake.
- Variety of cheese, butter and yogurt can be consumed but milk is not a part of keto diet. You can eat dark chocolate if you are craving sweet, but milk-based chocolates are a complete No!
Keto diet gives great results if followed strictly.
- Atkin’s Diet
The Atkin’s diet was promoted by Dr. Robert C. Atkins. There are four phases in this diet and begin with low carb foods but slowly adds the carbs back to balance the weight loss process and stop the weight from coming back.
The constituents of this diet are:
- Phase I is where you need to consume low carb and high-fat diet. Carbs should be kept below 20 grams. Low Carb diet will be similar to the keto diet plan. Depending on your weight loss goals this phase can last up to 2 weeks.
- Phase II is where you need to introduce some fruits and nuts into your diet.
- Phase III is where more healthy carbs can be added to your diet.
- Phase IV is when you have almost reached your weight loss goals, and you can add more number of healthy carbs because your body will now be able to tolerate them without causing weight gain.
Atkins diet also causes good weight loss provided you stick to the diet plan.
- Intermittent Fasting
Followed even by several Hollywood stars such as Jennifer Anniston, the intermittent fasting is an eating pattern where you must eat for a limited number of hours only. Usually, this eating time period is 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of eating. You are not allowed to eat anything during your fasting period except for non-calorific beverages such as coffee, water, and tea. Supplements are also permitted in your fasting hours. Fasting has known to offer several benefits to your body and there is nothing unnatural about fasting. It helps your body to rest and fasting has also known to help protect your body against diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart diseases and more.
Types of intermittent fasting that people follow are:
- The 16:8 method where you fast for 16 hours and eat only during the 8 hour period. Time slots can be adjusted according to your work or daily schedule.
- The 5:2 method where you consume up to 600 calories only in 2 days of the week and in the other days you eat as you normally do.
- The Eat-Stop-Eat method where atleast once in a week you fast and don’t eat anything at all. You must abstain from food for 24 hours. You can have some beverages such as water, tea or coffee.
Remember you must eat healthy food. Eating in your non-fasting times doesn’t mean you binge eat on junk. Keep your diet healthy.
There are many other diets, such as Dash Diet, Dr. Sebi Diet, GOLO diet, 1200 calories diet, etc. but they have several drawbacks. The ones mentioned in this list may also have a few downsides but they are healthy and can be easily followed. None of the downsides cause health-related problems. They will actually help you in your weight loss journey.