– Good thanks! Still buzzing from releasing my first single to be honest!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single & Worthy?
– WORTHY was written and produced by myself in my studio. It was born after coming up with the chorus lyrics ‘take me, please just show me I’m worthy’ which fit the melody and is basically written around never feeling good enough to be in a relationship, along with being under the delusion that you are constantly doing something wrong.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– Not really. My music tends to be born from coming up with chorus lyrics and then trying to jump in to the shoes of the imaginary people involved in the scenario.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Possibly! Keep an eye on my socials 😉
How was the recording and writing process?
– It was pretty smooth with this one! It’s probably the quickest song I have written in terms of getting all the components together which was nice!
What role does Leeds play in your music?
– Leeds has always inspired me because of the strong music scene, There is such an eclectic selection in Leeds, You can usually find something to suit your fancy at the plethora of venues.
How has The Neighbourhood and HONNE influenced your writing?
– The Neighbourhood are a big influence of mine. I love their style and diversity. They serve to me as a strong reminder that you can stay expressive in your style as artist/band. HONNE are a big inspiration in my production style, I love the vocal effects they choose to use and the overall sound of their tracks!
Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
– I actually have two other songs ready to go (near enough) for this year! I am very excited to release them and see what comes from it all, It is extremely exciting to finally release my music to the world!
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
– I will probably be aiming for a release either side of summer… You could say I will have a great feeling of ‘Ecstasy’ after releasing one of them 😉
Any plans to hit the road?
– Definitely, I am hoping to hit the road this year! There will definitely be a headline home show at some point too.
What else is happening next in LOC’s world?
– Writing and preparing a live set, After that who knows! Hopefully main stage at Leeds and Reading… Here’s to hoping.