– Hello! We’ve been good, thanks! Just been working on new material and planning upcoming shows for the year.
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Made of Art”?
– ‘Made of Art’ describes the feelings of a person who is blinded by the strong appreciation they have for someone. An admiration that has no limits to what they do for them.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– I was inspired because it was a good story. A lot of people in relationships are madly in love and don’t see the negative aspects of their situation. I just think it’s something people can relate to a lot.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Not at the moment, unfortunately. Visuals are something we are really excited to start experimenting with.
How was the recording and writing process?
– We recorded at Blank Studios in Newcastle. It was really fun to experiment with new sounds and production techniques. We added synths and additional parts which really helped strengthen the track and add a sense of maturity to our developing sound.
What role does Sunderland play in your music?
– It’s where we grew up. It’s represented in our music. We talk about things like our experiences with nights out in town and growing up in the working class areas of the north east. Our music also explores themes like relationships and social issues.
Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
– We are excited to get back in the studio and record new stuff. That’ll be expected for release later in the year.
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
– Not at the moment, sorry.
Any plans to hit the road?
– That is the next thing to cross off our list. We can’t wait to start touring and seeing people from other places.
What else is happening next in The Strands’ world?
– Our headline show is going down on Friday 20th March at Think Tank Underground in Newcastle. It’s looking to be really busy and we can’t for it!