Real-Time AIS Ship Map on MarineTraffic.com
The service offers a user-friendly interface that can be used both by maritime professionals and amateurs. The functionality of Marinetraffic can be accessed via the relevant department on Flightradars24 website. There, you can enter the departure and / or arrival port and find the ship scheduled for the route on the designated date. The real-time AIS ship map is also available.
On the basic website, you can find the next data for free:
- World map with current ship positions.
- Ship types marked by color.
- Find a particular ship by the name or IMO number.
- Get the data on the vessel: name (including former ones), age, current flag, some of the main dimensions (DWT, draft, GRT), current and past route, speed, last AIS response.
- See the port outlay and the ships staying in.
Having a prepaid account, you can obtain more information:
- More detailed vessel information (dimensions, ownership, ETA and ETD to / from the port).
- Port information (port calls lineup, current and foreseen congestion, distance to another port / designated point on a map).
- Maritime company (fleet data and photos, routes operated).
Quick vessel search on Vesselfinder.com
This fast service provides a live ship positions map based on AIS data. Its simple interface highlights all the functionality available and doesn’t take much traffic to be accessed. There are following features available at free subscription mode:
- Live world map in four modes: standard, navionics, raster and vector.
- Ship search by name / IMO number.
- Distance measuring tool.
- Ship data: name, IMO number, photo, flag, last port call, past track for 1 day period, current position, last AIS signal received (time).
The prepaid subscriptions unfolds the following opportunities:
- Satellite AIS coverage reflected on the map.
- Expanded backwards tracking period.
- 5 last ports of call of the vessel.
- Detailed information on the ship’s dimensions and management.
- Full-screen map.
Detailed data on ships and ports on FleetMon.com
The service lets access the real-time world shipping map on several levels. While having different subscription modes, the free account provides most of the data needed to track a particular ship or find a ferry. However, the live tracking is available for 15 minutes per day only (unlimited access for prepaid accounts).
The free account users can get the following information:
- Ship general data including name / former name, IMO / MMSI number, flag, dimensions (draft, DWT, LOA, GRT), last port of call and route, current destination and approximate ETA and risk rating.
- Port data: name, location, UNCTAD code, local time, specialization (commercial / military, cargo / passenger), level of time, number of ships in the port, weather forecast.
- Real-time world map with current ship positions and movement.
The prepaid account unveils further opportunities:
- 24/7 access to the live world map.
- Map various layers including the satellite one, wind, wave and current particulars.
- Detailed ship data including ownership and past route.
- Detailed port data including the port calls and congestion / traffic density.