The world of TV is becoming better and innovative in every aspect. So we now have Smart TV, LEDs, OLEDs, 4K, HDR and a lot more is yet to come. Where we have so many options to select from, many of us get confused as to which type of TV one should go for.
Today, there is a wide array of HD and 4K Ultra High Definition sets in stores. To make sure that you don’t end up with a TV that you don’t want, here is a brief guide that will help you avoid all the hassle that people might go through when they want to buy a TV in 2020:
- Don’t go for a TV which has less than a 4K Resolution, that is, avoid buying sets that have 1080p resolution.
- Skip 8K TVs at least for now as they are super expensive and you might not be able to find 8K shows and movies
- Pay about $500 for a 50 to 55 inch 4K TV and around $900 for a model that comes in 65-inches
- Look for a TV set that has HDR compatibility and offers more realistic colors and a better contrast
- Avoid buying a TV set that has less than 120 Hz refresh rate
- Make sure that your TV has at least 4 HDMI ports. A recommendation is that you have the new format that is HDMI 2.1
- OLED TVs look better than an LED or an LCD. But you might find OLED TVs a little more expensive than the other options. If you want to find something more affordable or mid-range, then you should check out quantum dot displays by Samsung, TCL and Vizio.
- Consider buying a soundbar as TV speakers these days don’t help much because the screens are thinner. So, buying a soundbar will take your movie experience to a whole new level.
The Screen Size Does Matter
Even if you are looking for a basic or a high-performance TV, one of the biggest factors that might influence you when making your buying decision can be the screen size as well. Consider the number of people in your family who are going to watch TV at the same time and the spot where you will place your new TV set. Pick the largest screen size that will be the best fit for the audience and the space you have at home.
Don’t forget the amount of money you have. I would recommend that you go for a screen size that is somewhere between 55 to 65 inches. You can maximize your experience by adding up Spectrum Cable TV services by a reliable provider.
The screen size also depends on how close you are sitting to the TV. If you can see the individual pixel of the screen, then you are sitting too close to the TV. A good idea is that you should sit at a distance that is thrice the height of the screen for HD and 1.5 times the screen height for 4K Ultra HD.
Make Sure That You Pay the Right Price
While consumers get the latest features and the best capabilities by paying the full price, you might see that many shoppers don’t find it appealing because they believe that current TVs are way too expensive. The reality is that TVs today are not only better but have also become affordable as well. You can find premium models at prices of around $2,000. Also, you can find TVs with 4K resolution, HDR support and other smart features at a lesser price.
Here we shared a few things that you can consider when buying a TV set in the coming year. But this is not all. Apart from that, you can make sure that you consider looking out for a better screen resolution (8K, 4K or HD), more colors and details, a better refresh rate, warranties and other related factors that influence your buying behavior.