We’ve been good, it’s been a busy year and we’re still on a high!
2. Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Dreamer And I”?
Melodic, catchy and guitar driven. The vocal line is particularly strong, a great bass riff and some really powerful drums with a little solo at the end. The song really gets to show of our vocals with Sarah and Reece adding to the harmonies and it really makes a difference. The song is anthemic and it’s a huge sound especially for a three piece. If you don’t know us, listen to the song and we guarantee you’ll know the words in no time.
3. Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
Ollie writes the lyrics in the band, and each song has its own theme. They’re usually inspired by events or moments in life and he tries to encapsulate that in the lyrics. Dreamer and I is about a conversation Ollie had with a friend in regards to mental health. No matter how dark it feels sometimes, you never know what’s around the corner. The song is about hope and self-belief.
4. How was the filming process and experience behind the video?
We just wanted to have fun and show of our personalities. The song’s message is quite strong so we wanted to lighten it up. We took a walk around our home town and sort of made fun of “Standard” music videos a little bit. It’s quite tongue in cheek.
5. How was the recording and writing process?
Brilliant. We love being in the studio and this track was no exception. We had played the track for a few months before recording but it really came together in the studio. We tend to find that on most of our tracks. Ollie wasn’t happy with the lyrics so rewrote them all the night before the recording!
6. What role does Falkirk play in your music?
Does being from Falkirk influences the style of music we play? I haven’t really thought about that, it’s an interesting question. I guess in some ways it does, it’s quite a small town in the middle of Scotland and it’s a bit grey and melancholy… Lyrically I think I could argue that inspires me a little.
7. How has Feeder and Foo Fighters influenced your writing?
The best examples I can give you are these two songs:
· Foo Fighters – Best of You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L4Rixya64 – The influence of this track is massive on our current single. It’s the hook of the chorus and the fact it comes in straight away. From the first second of the track it’s catchy, memorable and full of feeling. Also, Foo Fighters are amazing!
· Feeder – Feeling The Moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjgQLEZ6vjY – We had just finished playing our local festival which these guys headlined and we were blown away. This song sounds massive live and has such an anthemic theme and stadium filling sound. We wanted to try and capture a glimpse of that in our track.
8. Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
We’ve already recorded our next single and are planning it’s release already. We try and be consistent with releases so expect lots of new music in the very near future.
9. Any tentative release date or title in mind?
The song is called “The Moment” and should be released in February or March. Not sure yet.
10. Any plans to hit the road?
We’re just back from a short UK tour but we want to go bigger in 2020 so we will be in a city near you soon!