Finding the best online casino for high rollers has become easy thanks to the Internet. There are lots of information portals, detailed reviews, top casino listings, or gambling forums where experienced gamblers share their advice. There are even dedicated websites like 1HighRollerCasino.com that list venues offering the highest wins.
Still, research on the list of recommended casinos is not enough. You should never join the gambling website without reading its terms and conditions. According to Business Insider, 91% of people accept T&C without reading them at all. This is an overall study but it doesn’t mean that online gamblers have nothing to do with it.
To smooth your way, we have highlighted 5 golden rules that you should follow when visiting a high-roller casino.
1. Check Restricted Countries and Age Limits
Just like with any online casino, your first step should be defining whether a selected high-roller casino accepts the residents of your country, and what the minimum age limit is.
By the way, some online casinos may even have specific location restrictions within countries. Obviously, you’ll have to meet these basic requirements to get access to a gambling website. In order to check such limitations, you can refer to the General Restrictions if a casino outlines it in its T&C.
If you want to gamble in a particular casino and seamlessly cash out your wins from there, you’ll have to provide some personal information. Online casinos always outline the basic data and identity documents that they require from you. They are forced to do it in order to:
- Discourage underage gambling;
- Restrict player accounts to 1 per person;
- Fight money laundering and organized crime;
- Eliminate casino fraud;
- Qualify for the requirements of authorities and gaming bodies.
You’ll be also required to provide a particular list of identity proofs when cashing out. Usually, it contains bank statements, credit cards (front and back), passport or other IDs, proof of address (i.e. utility bills), etc.
3. Wagering Requirements
They apply to casino perks, offerings, and other prizes. You can usually see the Wagering Requirements section at the bottom of the website page, or at the promotion and offering pages too. There are numerous bonus-related rules that casinos impose, and this is because they struggle against bonus abuse. So, here’s what you can expect from online casino rewards:
- To cash out your wins you need to meet the casino’s wagering terms;
- The terms underline how much you should deposit or wager to claim your gifts. And that’s how much you have to wager to qualify — generally, high-roller online casinos impose 35X-50X requirements;
- Sometimes, there’s a set period for playing with bonus funds — from 1 day to a few weeks;
- There’s a max bet. For high rollers, the figures are around 50-100 dollars. VIP gamblers are even allowed to bet up to 1,000 dollars, though it depends on the game;
- You can play with bonus funds in particular games (generally, slots);
- If the gambler is allowed playing table or live dealer games with promo funds, they will add only 0%-10% to the wagering requirements;
- There are also games that are not allowed to play with bonus funds.
4. Banking conditions
Modern online casinos support different ways of depositing and cashing out. And certainly, they vary from one gambling website to another. Still, there are common things about them:
- Min deposit/withdrawal limits might vary for each payment means. High rollers are usually allowed to deposit up to 10,000 dollars and cash out 10 times more. Some casinos may offer unlimited withdrawals and deposits;
- Some options may be used only for depositing money. To cash out, you need to choose and confirm another payment means;
- Some payment options charge fees immediately or with an invoice later;
- Casinos have cash-out limits. So, if you win tens of thousands of dollars, there’s a possibility that you wouldn’t be able to withdraw the sum at once.
5. Gambling Licenses and Responsible Gambling Policy
Probably, the best indicator of online casino quality is its license. So, if a casino website has logos of the respected regulatory authorities like those of the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or it’s additionally checked by eCOGRA, it’s a good sign.
By the way, such casinos will also care about their customers. Thus, they’ll implement relevant tools and encourage responsible gambling. For example, if you explore such websites, you may find options like time-outs, self-exclusion, loss limits, etc. Time-outs mean closing your account by request for 24 hours at the least, and up to 6 weeks or more. Self-exclusion is a more radical solution. If you feel that something goes wrong you can ask to block your account. But to reactivate it, you’ll have to reach customer support. They’ll reopen the account within 24-48 hours. Loss and deposit restrictions can be considered good and reasonable money management options. They’ll let you control yourself if you don’t want to quit gambling but try to be more responsible. With the first option, you can specify how much you’re ready to lose over a set period. And the second one limits the amount for depositing each week.
The rules mentioned above are always important to know, remember and follow. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a player for high or low stakes, these rules are helpful to any gambler. So, be attentive, do your homework, think critically and never skip the T&C section. This will save you much trouble and expense.