Moving offices, companies, portable storage units, and homes take lots of planning to move without any damage or items lost. You need to plan the entire move as per your budget and requirements. First, decide how much you can afford for your movement and how much work you want to do.
Planning whether to hire professional removalists or move all the stuff by yourself largely depends on your budget, complexity of the move, proximity to the new home, and how much physical strain can you take. Many people are simply unable to move a mattress and sofa down the stairs alone. So for them, professional moving companies becomes essential.
Whenever you’re planning to move, you need to pack all your items, load them into a rented truck or your vehicle and then unload at the other end. This choice might be cheaper but definitely not the easiest.
Pros & Cons of Self Shifting and Hiring Professional Movers
Through this list of pros and cons of hiring movers, you will be able to figure out which of these moving methods will work better for you. Before planning to go ahead, let’s take a look at these pros and cons for every option.
- Save Thousands of Bucks – If you want to save your money, self-moving is much better than hiring The prices of hiring companies are quite expensive comparatively. If you’re just moving next door, the cost of hiring a moving company can quickly add up. However, if you rent a moving truck, you could save some bucks. If you are lucky, you can find a rented truck for a minimal price.
- You’re the decision-maker for Moving your stuff (When and How)– The greatest benefit of moving yourself is the fact that you are in complete control over the entire moving process. You will handle all the boxes by yourself to make sure that nothing breaks in the moving process. Deciding to move it means that you have the choice to decide when to begin the movement and when to stop. You can even make the decision of not moving if the weather is bad. It will help you to protect your belongings.
- Pack your stuff as per your requirements –When preparing for moving yourself, you don’t have to worry about safe packing of all your belongings. There is no need to pack pillows and blankets into boxes. Movers usually pack all your stuff into boxes and they charge accordingly. So you can pack your stuff as per your requirements.
- Plan of Action – For the moving process, it takes a lot of planning. If you hire professional moving companies, they will make a proper planner for the move. They have experienced and well-trained employees which will help you to move safely.
- Heavy lifting – Heavy lifting is what you will have to struggle with. There are usually heavy items at home or in the offices that you cannot move on your own. You will require help from other people and labour doesn’t come without money. If you have a lot of staircases for loading or unloading, you require help.
- Unexpected problems arise – If something happens unexpectedly– like your sofa getting stuck in the door or staircase – you may suffer a lot. Without taking help from professional removalists and moving tools, you could waste hours and sometimes result in damage of these items.
Professional moving companies can move everything in your office or home effectively. Be it packing your boxes, loading and unloading your items from Point A to Point B with additional service like unpacking your belongings at your new house. This option is costly, but it will lower your stress. You can save costs by packing yourself.
- You won’t have to lift a thing – Professional moving companies have well-trained employees for the entire movement. You don’t need to worry about lifting and carrying any of your heavy items down the stairs and out the door.
- Insurance on your precious things- While moving, house removalists usually provide insurance on your moving items. For the most inclusive protection, you will need to obtain full-value insurance from your insurance company or moving company.
- Efficiency –The moving company will pack everything on time as they have the appropriate moving tools and equipment. By hiring a professional moving company, you have already saved a lot of time.
- Cost – The cost usually depends on the address of Point A to Point B. Moving companies may charge you a lot but every penny spent will be worth it.
- Handing your precious things to unknown hands– This is very difficult as you don’t know the movers, and you’re giving precious things to handle. Hence, it is very important to do your homework, read reviews of professional removalists. Check ratings before recruiting a moving company to help you with your move that will also help to avoid rip-offs and scams.
With these pros and cons, you can decide what is the best thing for you to do!