Although Facebook and Instagram provide opportunities to reach out to hundreds of millions of people over the internet, these platforms are getting expensive with each passing day because of the competition. If you are trying to target a certain section like a fashion business trying to target women from 25 to 35 years of age, it will find it hard to be spot on with targeting.
This is where Pinterest becomes relevant.
If you are thinking that Pinterest is a forgotten platform, think again. Around 84% of the women who signed up for Pinterest roughly four years ago are still using it actively. The user retention rate is quite high for Pinterest and it has some loyal users, especially women.
Here’s how fashion businesses can use Pinterest for eCommerce marketing.
Pin your Products
Start from the basics. Use pins and boards to promote your products. Take beautiful pictures of your products and add them to a specific board. If you are selling multiple products, you can create separate dashboards for them and pin pictures related to these products.
- Regular Posts: Make sure that you post something new daily. People like to follow only those social media accounts which feed them regular content.
- Interesting Content: Regularity isn’t everything when it comes to making posts on Pinterest. You ought to be creative with the content as well. The pictures which you post should be unique and catchy in looks.
- Highlight Value: You should highlight the price of your products so that people quickly decide whether they are interested in your product or not.
Optimize for Keywords
Search Engine Optimization is the present and future of online marketing. Carefully choose the words when you describe any of your products because these words can make or break your business. All you need to do is carry out some research before making a certain post as to what words best describe your product. Or what words a particular user might type on a search engine if he wants to purchase an item similar to what you sell. This way, whenever an online user will search those words on a search engine, your Pinterest profile will appear on the top. People are likely to open those websites/URL accounts which appear on the top in a search engine.
Embed links to your Blogs
Revise your strategy when promoting your eCommerce business on your Pinterest account. Don’t solely rely on Pinterest rather merge its content with your online blog. Although you can give detail in the description area of the pin about a product, you can always link it up with your detailed blogs so that people can learn more about them.
- Write Details: People like to know every detail before making an online purchase. So, write every possible detail on your products.
- Be Specific: People indeed like to know the details but they do not want to read about the irrelevant stuff. Therefore, be very specific with what you write. Stay on track and avoid straying from the topic.
- Give Links to website/Social Media Platforms: Apart from giving links of your blogs son your Pinterest profile, you can link it with your website and other social media platforms too. This provides an element of connectivity which is vital when it comes to online marketing.
Set up Business Profile
If your Pinterest account has a certain number of followers then it is high time that you set up a business profile. Pinterest Business Profile is simple and easy to use. You can change your existing Pinterest profile to a business one start feeling a visible difference in the flow of traffic to your eCommerce website. Simply follow the action steps guided by the Pinterest Business Hub to optimize your Pinterest Business Profile according to your needs.
Simple and effective, Pinterest provides you with an opportunity to claim the loyalty of a huge number of people who like to view original and organic content before they make an online purchase. Activate your Pinterest account today and convert it into a business profile to increase sales of your eCommerce business.