California is one of the most advanced in marijuana therapy. Since the 90s, laws have been introduced here that allow patients suffering from fatal or painful conditions to receive adequate treatment with natural remedies – cannabinoids.
All that is needed for this is a confirmed diagnosis (their list is expanding from year to year, and today marijuana treatment is prescribed not only as palliative therapy for fatal diagnoses, such as terminal cancer, or multiple sclerosis), but also for conditions of the patient, when it is very important to improve the quality of life and provide effective analgesia. Such cases include arthritis, HIV / AIDS therapy, Crohn’s disease, Turret’s syndrome, chronic depression, and many other cases.
To get your MMJ ID Card or its equivalent MMIC Program Card for those who permanently reside in California, a minimum of documents is enough:
- Valid photo ID issued by the US government (driving license, passport, passport, veteran ID).
- Registration in one of the settlements of the state of California.
- A completed CDPH 9044 form confirming a diagnosis that requires medical marijuana therapy.
- Details of your doctor who issued the form.
- A fee of $ 100 for obtaining a permit (paid in advance upon application and will not be refunded if refused).
What Do Non-residents of California Need?
If you decide to get permission to buy or grow grass in California, but you are a resident of another state, nothing is impossible. All you need for this is to get not only an medical marijuana card according to the standard procedure, but also to provide the therapist with the conclusion that your diagnosis fits the requirements of the law regarding the use of medical marijuana.
There is an additional tax for non-residents: you have to pay a commission of approximately 15% of the permit for those who use marijuana for entertainment.
At the same time, there are no prohibitions on issuing MMJ cards in California. Even if you come to stay or apply for the opportunity to legally buy marijuana while travelling in California, you will not be refused! All that is needed is the approval of a therapist who is allowed to practice on the state.
Use Other Features of California MMJ Patients
- If you were examined by a local doctor and provided a prescription for marijuana as a treatment – you do not need to additionally draw up an MMJ Card online – a prescription from a doctor is enough. For $ 40 you will receive a letter of recommendation that will provide you with official access to medical marijuana.
- Do not forget to update the recommendation and photos in your MMJ Card every year, as well as renew them.
If you want to not only buy cannabis legally but also grow it, even non-residents of California can do this. Buy a “Premium” card, which contains not only the purchase options but also the ability to grow up to 99 bushes of weed. (If you have a regular card, the number of plants for your use that you can plant does not exceed 6 bushes.
Also, do not forget that your MMJ card is a guarantee that in any city in the state of California you are much better protected from the legislature than fans who smoke for fun.
There are also limitations: a card is not a reason to smoke in places where smoking is prohibited in general, including in public places. You can’t smoke cannabis while driving. And, of course, if you need to take cannabinoid-containing medicines, you can only do this 1000 feet from schools or children’s centers, unless you are in your own territory within this radius.