We recently caught a few moments and Questions with breakout Austin artist, ELA. Read on to learn why DISCO COUNTRY is your new favorite genre.
1. Tell us more about ELA, what is your motivation for creating music?
My motivation for creating music essentially is selfish. I want to play what makes me feel good because I need music like I need air. Time and many performances have added a layer of my selfish music making though because now it’s not all about me. I give of myself and create and now I have an audeince who wants more and I give it to them unselfishly. I create music to make everyone FEEl something and to Connect on and ethereal level.
2. If you weren’t busy being an emerging musical artist, what would you be doing with all your time?
I’d be barefoot spray painting and drawing clothes or designing a clothing line!
3. What do you feel has been your best release so far?
Suck it up Buttercup has been my best release to date! because it’s a relatable song and has a fun danceable beat to it, my fans have really owned that song. Most requested for sure!
4. Any tour plans?
No Official plans on the books for touring yet, but I have a feeling my life will be shifting quickly! Better hang on!!
5. What musicians would you most like to collaborate with?
I would love to collaborate with P!NK, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris, LIZZO, Justin Timberlake and Keith Urban!
6. If you could only be remembered by one song what would it be?
If I could only be remembered by one song it would be Light It UP ! It’s going to my ANTHEM!!!
7. What stage do you dream of playing?
Madison Square Garden and Royal Albert Hall!!
8. What was the first piece of music you remember purchasing with your own money?
I remember purchasing Guns and Roses – Welcome to the Jungle!
9. Where can we catch a show soon?
I play a weekly residency at a gorgeous wine bar in Steiner Ranch called Sloan and Parker, The Salt Lick and a bunch of other top notch venues in Texas!
Contact: Bsquared Mgmt