The Loopholes in Moving a Piano Yourself

No one likes to leave a task on professionals especially if it is concerned with saving some bucks. They either want to demonstrate their creativity or show that muscle power. There has to be one of these three reasons because the 4th one cannot exist. Which by the way is knowing exactly how to move a grand piano. They are doing it wrong for the 99% part and the remaining 1% is exceptional. Don’t try to be in the “I’ll do it myself… No matter what!” category.

The right process is to have that expertise along with the muscle power required to move such a huge piano. There are few points beginners do not understand while moving the piano just for an inch. Try to read the article carefully and get a glimpse of those issues first.

The extent of vulnerability

Every piano owner knows that there are 88 keys all along the front end. But did you know that there are a 1000 mechanisms running behind producing that fluid sound? The vulnerability of a piano is just way too much to be handled by a layman. Picking the device up and shifting is towards the vehicle is enough to damage any of those thousand mechanisms even minutely. However, when those equipments are attached, it becomes better and safer for the piano as well as the person moving it.

Ignoring the actual cost of moving

The cost of moving depends upon how much quality you receive. Let’s consider moving the piano by ourselves as one of the options. Considering the quality of moving now, the option giving the least quality (DIY) can be the most expensive. Moving the piano without adequate equipment outside at risk of damages which are very extensive to be repaired. Now, even when you have minimal quality nationwide piano movers, the difference is huge and the cost is barely $800.

The myth – Lesser the distance, the easier it is

Even if one is told about the distance of moving, he believes this myth very easily. Considering the situation, it’s not true at all. It’s equally difficult to take the piano out of the space available no matter what the distance is. And the same exists when delivering it to the desired location. The only difference between the distance of moving is caretaking while it is in transit. Although, various other factors might distinguish the cost of services like the involvement of stairs, space available, size of the device, etc. The distance of moving only intrudes when the transport maintenance comes into the picture. Otherwise, it’s all the same with some formalities to be fulfilled along the way.

Also Read:- Questions You Should Ask While Hiring Grand Piano Movers

Lack of piano storage facilities

Handing the piano over to someone else doesn’t mean that you are having them for just the moving part. When there is a time gap between the pickup and delivery, there are some storage facilities which they provide. Now, they just don’t keep the device in shelter but also fine tune it to avoid depreciation. However, the quality of storage depends upon the service provider.

Insurance – A big requirement

No one is perfect but a person can come close to perfection. Here, we are talking about having those insurance papers during the most vulnerable time for your piano. Moving it by yourself ain’t gonna give you anything if damages occur. Viewing from your perspective, professionals are less likely to make mistakes and even if by chance something contingent occurs, you don’t have anything to pay for the repair.

RJ Frometa
Author: RJ Frometa

Head Honcho, Editor in Chief and writer here on VENTS. I don't like walking on the beach, but I love playing the guitar and geeking out about music. I am also a movie maniac and 6 hours sleeper.

About RJ Frometa

Head Honcho, Editor in Chief and writer here on VENTS. I don't like walking on the beach, but I love playing the guitar and geeking out about music. I am also a movie maniac and 6 hours sleeper.

Check Also

The best edibles in Canada – Leaf2Go

Edibles are becoming increasingly popular as more nations are legalizing marijuana and cannabis. Now more …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.