INTERVIEW: Tommy Botz
1. How would you classify your music?
Traditional country and gospel.
2. Who are some of your top 5 musical influences?
Merle Haggard, George Jones, Alan Jackson, Elvis, George Strait.
3. What do you want fans to take from your music?
Feel the story being told.
4. How’s the music scene in your locale?
Great music in Cleveland, Ohio.
5. What is the best concert you have been to? What do you like most about playing live?
Elvis, many years ago. I am a songwriter mostly.
6. Is there a song on your latest CD release here that stands out as your personal favorite, and why?
Teddy Bear, because of the friend I wrote it for and dedicated it to those poor innocent victims and their families from Sandy Hook Elementary School.
7. How have you evolved as an artist over the last year?
I keep holding the pen and God writes the words.
8. If you could meet, play a gig, co-write a song, have dinner, have a drink with any band or artist (dead or alive) who would it be?
9. What’s next for you?
Only the good Lord knows.
Hi Jay, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Can you talk to us more …