1. Hi Gia, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Hi Vents!
I’ve been really good! Thank you for having me.
2. Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Jump The Fence”?
Yes! I’m really excited that it’s out now! The song’s about trusting your intuition and ignoring outside opinion and just going for what you want!
3. Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
Nothing specific- just the general feeling that you should go for what you want. Whether it’s work-related or personal- you never know if you don’t try.
4. Any plans to release a video for the single?
Yes! The single and video are out now! Whenever I release a single, it is very important for me to follow it with a video that captures the essence of the song from my point of view. There are so many different ways that you can interpret a song, and I love getting creative on my visual interpretation.
5. How was the recording and writing process?
I loved recording this record so so much, and I think you can tell how much fun I was having once you listen to it!
6. How do you go on using sexuality in a way that’s less, say, offensive, and rather more empowering?
I’m not really worried about it being offensive, I’m more concerned about staying true to myself. And that is empowering in and of itself.
7. How would you say your upbringing has influenced your music?
My older sister definitely had a huge impact on my musical influences. She put me on onto so many greats like Madonna, Björk, Radiohead and Green Day at a young age. I found my first guitar siting in her room, which changed everything!
8. Do you tend to take a different approach when you are collaborating with someone else rather than in your own?
It’s always different depending on the situation, but usually I start all my ideas on a guitar.
9. As your music skyrockets – does that put any pressure on you as you release new material or rather the opposite?
Good question! I always aim to put out music that I’m happy with regardless of the response it gets, so I don’t feel outside pressure because I’m always pushing myself.
10. Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
Yes! I have a ton of new material that I’m extremely excited to share with my fans and hopefully make new ones!
11. Any tentative release date or title in mind?
Yes! I’m releasing music almost every month! So that means a new single and video for you pretty often!
12. Any plans to hit the road?
I’m working on my live shows right now, and will have a few performances in April. Then hopefully more to come 🙂
13. What else is happening next in Gia Woods’ world?
I’ll have another single coming out very soon with a video after this release! But I hope you enjoy “Jump The Fence” in the meantime as much as I did 😉