Known as The American Mermaid, formally coined “The Florida Mermaid” Emily Guglielmo has made a splash as a go-to model for all things under water. Popular at parties themed towards our favorite mythological water creature, Emily has made a name for herself at the biggest celebrations. More recently, though, The American Mermaid has set her eyes on something with a bigger purpose: humanitarianism. We had the opportunity to chat with Emily about her endeavors in clean water efforts, as well as her new line of cosmetics.
1. Emily, thanks for your time in doing this! I see that you are not just a model (specifically with a niche for mermaid modeling!) but you have a knack for humanitarian efforts as well! You started Supporting Water, which is cool considering mermaids are synonymous with water! How did the non-profit come about, and how do you intertwine that with what you do as a mermaid?
I have always been an Activist for Fresh Drinking Water. I feel Mermaids and water go hand- in-hand, so why not start a Foundation that could benefit while I make smiles around the world performing as a professional mermaid. For each Mermaid performance , a percentage of the proceeds go to SupportingWater.org
2. Fresh water is such a necessity for life. What sparked your passion for the cause in the first place?
Ever since a child, I have been BIG when It comes to Water. Water is the only thing we as humans can literally survive on for weeks without anything else.. It is mother nature ~ Water truly should be accessable to every single person on this world!
3. Let’s talk about the third world countries that Supporting Water is aiding. What has the response been like since you started!
Surely, people have expressed gratitude. SupportingWater is on IG and many foundations around to world have reached out to me to collaborate! Stay tuned for many great things in the future. I know I’m excited!
4. Can you discuss the mini straws you use and how they work in filtering dirty water into clean water?
Our Portable Mini Drinking Straws are way cool! They are worn around your neck and you sip from any source of water whether it be a stream, a puddle, or a dirty creek – when sipped through, the straw has many state-of-the-art technology enhanced filter levels that literally cancel out 99.9% of all killing bacteria and diseases.
5. What is your ultimate goal! Both as a mermaid and with Supporting Water?
My ultimate Goal is to continue to work on Building SupportingWater.org and traveling to globe helping people, becoming worldly while performing at different counties as a mermaid, and spreading brand awareness of My Mermaid Makeup line “Emily Alexandra Cosmetics.”