The 2nd annual Rising Above Fest (RAF) & Film Fest LA (FFLA) join forces again as, “Two Festivals. One Mission” at Regal L.A. LIVE: A Barco Innovation Center. RAF debuted last year with great success & is coming back even bigger & better! RAF is a female centric film festival created to empower women by way of the glamorous industries of: film, TV, fashion, & music. It is the first film festival of its kind to bring together & highlight women of multiple industries. RAF’s goal is to showcase to the world that women deserve equal treatment & that they can accomplish amazing feats when they are supported & thus are “Rising Above.”
Founded by Summer Moore, actress/writer/producer, RAF seeks to create a call-to-action on the taboo topics of gender, age, & size inequality. Her motivation to create RAF was her belief that the only way to be successful & happy is to help others rather than focusing on only oneself (a radical mindset from what these industries traditionally have).
Notable attendees (more to be added) • Young Sheldon Star – Raegan Revord
• Nickelodeon Star – Maya Le Clark (The Thundermans)
• Forbes 30 Under 30 – Kaitlyn Yang
• Festival Founder/Actress – Summer Moore
• Former Supermodel – Carre Otis
• Daddy’s Home Star – Scarlett Estevez
• Emmy-Winning Director – Mary Madeiras
• Tomorrowland Star – Shiloh Nelson
• ABC Executive – Kristi Shuton
• Emmy-Winning Actress/Television Academy Performer Co-Governor – Patrika Darbo
Event Details LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- Saturday, November 10th
Regal L.A. Live, 1000 W. Olympic Blvd., 11am-11:30pm. Schedule TBD.