California-based musician, producer, and intercultural collaborator Joss Jaffe is set to release his follow up remix album, Dub Mantra Sangha Remix, on July 16th. This new album will feature 9 reimagined tracks from his critically acclaimed album Dub Mantra Sangha. Joss teamed up with notable remix artists, Bluetech and Dubmatix, to take his sound a step further into pop-influenced dance music, mixing sounds from catchy EDM, traditional world sounds like reggae, and vocal driven songs focused on mantra. The album will feature collaborations with various artists such as singer Donna De Lory, who has sung on albums for Carly Simon, Ray Parker, Jr., Kim Carnes, Santana, Madonna among many others, and Grammy-nominated sacred music composer and recording artist, Jai Uttal.
Joss’ sound is rooted in his desire to unite people through community and love and invites the audience into a space of spontaneous joy. Joss has always been fascinated with mantra chanting and experiencing sounds of the world through travel. He studied tabla, sarode, and vocal music under respected musicians Ustad Ali Akbar Khan and Pandit Swapan Chaudhuri. Joss translated these elements into the remix album, with each track being made in appreciation of mantras.
Joss Jaffe Dub Mantra Sangha Remix
1. Aloha DJ Taz Rashid Remix
2. Durga Robin Livingston Remix (ft. Jaya Lakshmi)
3. Gayatri Robin Livingston Remix (ft. Donna De Lory and Jai Uttal)
4. Ganesha DJ Taz Rashid Remix (ft. Suzanne Sterling and Jai Uttal)
5. Sri Ram Timonkey Remix (ft. Wah)
6. Amaterasu Rara Avis and Atyya Remix
7. Moola Mantra Echosystem Remix (ft. Dave Stringer)
8. Kalike Dubmatix Remix (ft. Karnamrita Dasi)
9. Body and Mind Bluetech Remix (ft. Silvia Nakkach)