– Superb! Buzzing to get this new material out there!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Survival”?
– We started to record it at Chairworks Studios in Leeds but didn’t have the time to finish it off so we traveled over to James’ studio in Dublin (Herbert Place) to add the finishing touches. When we got over we got into the depths of the track and really took our time to structure and perfect every part of the track, right into the wee hours of the morning! It was well worth the hard work in the end. A lot of Guinness helped us along the way.
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– Not so much an event in particular, but we were in the studio with James Darkin recording another track and Jordan was trying out sounds on his guitar and played the main riff for survival, we then heard James on the headphones ‘what is that riff?’ That’s where it all started, we went on a tangent and we started writing the tune there and then, it was quite an event.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Yes. We have prepared a video which will be released along with the track it definitely captures the energy of the song and can’t wait to release it. It was filmed by Mike Briggs at Carousel Films and it premiers 19th June.
How was the recording and writing process?
– As said, it was a really long and well thought out process. Jack and James were hours picking the correct lyrics for every line of the track. It changed a lot from the original track but we were happy to explore with it.
How Arctic Monkeys and Jimi Hendrix has influence your music?
– The energy they create in their songs is very catching to us. There history of doing as they please and making sing along songs with impressive guitar riffs is a big influence to our tunes. Jordan has been playing guitar from a very young age and started of by learning Hendrix, his style of play can be heard in a good amount of Jordan’s solo parts or lead riffs.
Does the new single mean we can expect any new material – how’s that coming along?
– Loads of new material brewing, we are constantly writing, editing old stuff and experimenting different sounds!
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
– We have a team working with us so they are taking care of the planning side of things with future releases etc. There’s a good amount of tracks ready for release so we will see where this one takes us and go from there!
Any plans to hit the road?
– We’ve been waiting patiently for this release so we have kind of missed out on the early festivals this year, we were happy to wait for the right opportunity to come along though so fingers crossed we will be touring the length and breadth of the UK very soon and maybe even overseas!
What else is happening next in The Rah’s world?
– Taking every opportunity and stage as they come to be honest, plenty more material on the way, tours will be announced in due course and we will be back in the studio soon as we can.