Progressive lo-fi rapper and musician, SWAN LINGO has announced that his debut album, Wonder What, will be released on February 23rd on WEDIDT. The FADER is currently premiering the album’s lead single “In The Ocean (feat. Craft Spells)” and the song’s music video – watch here.
On Wonder What, SWAN LINGO starts to really hone in on his strong ability for songwriting. His inspiration for the LP was writing songs about the experiences he’s been through over the last 5 years – the ups and downs of a confusing love relationship, moving away, growing up and learning how to be a new person. A few of the LP’s tracks are self-produced; however, the album also enlists a roster of talented producers such as D33J, Shlohmo, Craft Spells, C.Z. and Groundislava.
SWAN LINGO‘s initial exposure to the music world was through African drumming classes as a child. From there, his musical interest led him to start rapping within his teens while using melodic harmonies to add a more tantric feel to his music.
WONDER WHAT TRACK LIST
1. Come This Way (Prod. Groundislava & Sebastien Christie)
2. Colan (Prod. Swan Lingo)
3. Sunrise (Prod. Swan Lingo)
4. Wonder What (Prod. Swan Lingo)
5. In The Ocean feat Craft Spells (Prod. C.Z. & Craft Spells )
6. Can’t See Your Face Anymore (Prod. C.Z.)
7. Whatever You Want (Prod. D33J)
8. Kush & Bombay (Prod C.Z.)
9. Call (Prod Shlohmo)
10. It Hurt (Prod. Rory Gallagher)