INTERVIEW: Helen Kelter Skelter
1. How would you classify Helen Kelter Skelter’s sound?
A: It’s the type of music you would listen to while driving in the middle of the Mojave desert.
2. What do you want fans to take from your music?
A: Whatever they want, the meaning is in the eye of the listener.
3. Who are you current top 5 musical influences?
A: Metz, Orb, Natural Child, old Tame Impala, and of coarse King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard.
4. How’s the music scene in Norman?
A: It’s a hidden gem.
5. What is the best concert you have been to?
A: Prolly Bob Dylan and Phil Lesh and Friends. That was pretty cool when I was 15.
6. What do you like most about playing out?
A: We get to showcase new songs and we get to see how people react to them.
7. Is there a song on Melter that stands out as your personal favorite?
A: Minding is up there for sure, but its hard to say. Sometimes its a love/hate relationship with every single one of them.
8. The video for “GUUD” is phenomenally trippy. Any more videos we can expect?
A: Yes, we are working on one for Palamino. It has wind suits, mad scientists, and a fat ass cat.
9. What do you think is the best way to experience Helen Kelter Skelter’s sound? Headphones? Video? Live?
A: All of the above? We make every record for the intentions of listening to it on vinyl, but we love a good live show.
10. What’s next for HKS? More touring?
A: Touring, and working on new songs is what we’re looking forward to. Maybe a trip to Mars…
Kendra & the Bunnies is a hot new singer-songwriter act out of Los Angeles headed …