– I’ve been great! Travelling lots lately to get ready for the new Single release!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Do It With Luv”?
– Do It With Luv is a song about the current state the world has been feeling as of late. I wanted to spread a message that there are still people out there who care and want the wars and evil to end. It’s a reminder that through the hardest times people and the world are facing that love is the best way to heal.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– We were sitting on the couch and we were listeingin to the news and it hit us how messed up and cruel the world is going through. So we wanted to spread a positive message to the world.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Yes! The video comes out on VEVO a week after the release. It’s such a fun video and I can’t wait for everyone to see it.
Why naming the EP after this track in particular?
– We want to keep the motions and vibrations all-positive with the music, and we found a way to do that while keeping it positive and sexy.
How was the recording and writing process?
– Tony and I wrote the song together on an acoustic guitar. We laid down a demo and then cut the song. Tony worked his magic and produces the song!
What was it like to work with Tony Ghantous and how did that relationship develop?
– I’ve known Tony for a very long time and I’ve always known his work has been serious. He is so easy to work with, we vibe so well off of each other and its great. He knows what I can do in the studio and how I can sing. He gives me a hard time, but I definitely need it 😉
How much did he influence the album?
– I come from an acoustic background and I still write acoustically. Working with him has been an amazing and easy transition into the pop world as I have wanted too for a long time.
Where did you find the inspiration for the songs and lyrics?
– The songs and lyrics were written based off of everyday life events that we tend to see.
Would this serve as a sneak peek to your upcoming album?
– This song shows the funky pop side of the music, but what you don’t see in this song is all the grungy sexiness that is about to come from it with the other songs we have written.
Any tentative release date or title in mind for the LP?
– Do It With Luv should be release by the end of this year (hopefully) if not by the beginning of next year. Keep an eye out on my socials, more info will be released soon.
Any plans to hit the road?
– We definitely will be hitting the road after the album drops, until then. We will be playing random shows. Our next gig is in Peoria, IL with Matt Nathonson.
What else is happening next in James Ghareeb’s world?
– Lots of music is being written and we have an amazing team that is put together ready to attack. Also, lots of chips and salsa is happening too…. and tacos… and the gym every once in a while.