Hi Max, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– Hi! I’ve been really well thanks
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Never Been Loved”?
– My new single never been loved is a love song about reassurance that the feelings are there and you will go above and beyond all barriers to help them take away the fear and know that you belong together
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– The inspiration behind the song is drawn from my experiences in relationships and how fragile it can feel at the start when your trying to cross the borders of the baggage you carry from other relationships
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Currently there is a lyric video which is online. We are planning to shoot one in Jamaica.
What was it like to work with Ce’Cile and what did she brought up to the table?
– It was great working with and having Ce’cile onboard the track . To have her experience and style brought into the track gave it the twist it needed so I feel really lucky to get to work with her
The single comes off your new album Keep Rising – what’s the story behind the title?
– The album title keep rising is symbolic to my my journey in music and in life , that no matter what happens and what might bring you down you need to keep on rising above it all
How was the recording and writing process?
– The recording and writing process is possibly what I love most about music , well maybe not as much as performing but to write a song and have it so bare , just the emotions and story, then to see it translated into a piece of music is something that really gives me a lot of energy so I’m always looking forward to getting back into the studio when there’s new ideas .
You are known for your love for reggae – any plans of maybe exploring other styles throughout this new material?
– I am known as a lover of reggae but what I try to do in my songs is incorporate some of my other inspirations to try to make it my own . I draw a lot of inspiration from soul music , blues , jazz , rock and R&B so I wouldn’t cancel out exploring other styles more closely on the next albums although the heart beat of reggae is always going to be something I connect with so I would like to explore how I could develop my sound even further to cross over .
What did you learn from your time in X Factor?
– On my time at the x-factor the biggest lesson I learned was that you need to know yourself and who you want to be in music to make it so I left the show more determined than ever to make the right choices and follow my instincts
Where did you find the inspiration for the songs and lyrics?
– The inspiration from the songs on my album are taken from my experiences in life . In my process I have been as honest as possible about he hard times and open with what makes me smile so I could create stories that would depict who I am and what’s in my mind
Any plans to hit the road?
– I am looking forward to hitting the road and getting my shows started. There’s a lot of things planned and I can’t wait to start sharing my music with the world
What else is happening next in Max Stone’s world?
– Stay tuned for what’s next as this is just the beginning and my aim is now to do everything I can to show the artist that I have become .
Hi Luke, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Great thank you, I’ve been excited …