Daddy, the duo comprised of James Franco and Tim O’Keefe, has revealed two remixes from their forthcoming album Let Me Get What I Want – The Remixes Album, slated for release on September 8th. This project will follow the original album, released in March of 2016, and features credits from City of the Jaguar, Prince Rama, Martin Van Etten, Louis Sherman, B. Trust, Ted James, House of Blondes, Concret and Tim O’Keefe himself. Following the initial album’s release, Daddy revealed an accompanying film to be viewed as an hour-long artwork or as individual music videos for each track. The film stars Palo Alto High School students and is edited in a Lynchian style reminiscent of Twin Peaks.
The album is available for download and purchase HERE via We Are Daddy/KOBALT, in addition to limited edition double, dark pink gatefold vinyl sold alongside a 16-page 10” color booklet consisting of drawings by James Franco, each one corresponding to a song on the album accompanied by a signed postcard.
Daddy encompass music, film and installation art into a multimedia experience; Let Me Get What I Want is a concept album and film that tracks three characters as they weave through the dark ways of high school: love, death, and dreams. Let Me Get What I Want – The Remixes Album offers a new take on the duo’s lauded 2016 release.
Daddy – Let Me Get What I Want – The Remixes
1. All These Things (City of the Jaguar Remix)
2. I’m A Sword Swallower (Prince Rama Remix)
3. Lime Green Dress (Martin Van Etten Remix)
4. Gentle But You Weren’t (Louis Sherman Remix)
5. You Are Mine (B. Trust Remix)
6. Car Ride Home (Ted James Remix)
7. I’m A Sword Swallower (Tim O’Keefe Remix)
8. Gentle But You Weren’t (Martin Van Etten Remix)
9. I Think That I Loved Him (House Of Blondes Remix)