1. Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Popular Demand”?
Popular Demand is a perfect welcome back song. Although I ain’t gone anywhere it’s just the perfect way to introduce a new sound from the talented Mash Beatz and also a perfect song to talk about how far I’ve come and where I’m going.
2. Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
Not really it was more of the beat and maybe cause it was my last song I recorded on the album. Beat came in last, took a listen and felt like it was the only sound missing for this project.
3. Any plans to release a video for the single?
Yeah def we shooting it in 2 days actually. Can’t wait.
4. What role does South Africa plays in your writing?
I don’t write but a lot of what we do in the North plays a big role. Growing up here has taught me a lot about making money, loosing money, new money, old money, fake money and snake money. I experience enough content to last me a life time.
5. After a decade spanning career, would you say at this point you are still growing as an artist or rather redefining yourself?
I’m always growing as an artist and evolving as a brand I guess that comes with experience. I’m inspired by the younger guys and hope I do the same for them too.
6. Does your new single mean we can expect a new album – how’s that coming along?
Yes indeed. ” I ain’t never gonna leave baby – I got you all the time ” that’s real shit. New album for your head top!
7. Any tentative release date or title in mind?
I can’t tell you what it’s called but just know September is the month.
8. Any plans to hit the road?
We gotta hit the road. The success of “The Hall Of Fame Tour” which was a tour across Gauteng ( Johannesburg and greater Johannesburg South Africa ) showed me so much. I ain’t been to some of those places since JOZI ( short for Johannesburg and The name of a hip hop rap group I was involved in and headed, also pioneeers of its time for rap in South Africa ) it was really welcoming and refreshing for me.
9. What else is happening next in Da Les’ world?
I’m getting into the world of business. Events, clothing, Food and beverage. One step at a time.