Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Lullaby”?
– Of course! This is the first single off of my EP “Honeyed Words”, which will be dropping in the coming months. I chose “Lullaby” as the first single off the EP because it sets the tone for the rest of the project.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– Ohhhh Yes! My ex boyfriend and our relationship after our break up inspired this song.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Yes, I will be releasing a lyric video for ‘Lullaby’ super soon and possibly a music video soon after.
How was the recording and writing process?
– Creating this song was amazing! It was a super chill vibe with me, my Producer/Writer Elliot James and Writer Nick Wells. We’re also homies so it was really easy for us to get into this vibe. We were just talking about life, sitting outside in Elliot’s backyard. He was strumming the guitar and came up with this beautiful acoustic melody that’s actually the backbone to the song. It was just random, you know? But it was perfect. I was talking about my past relationship and asking questions out loud like “why do we sometimes go back to our ex’s after a break up? Why do we promise ourselves that we’re done with them, and the next day we end up with them? It’s a wicked cycle that many people go through and we can’t deny it, we shouldn’t. Sometimes we just have people who know our weak spots. Nick came up with the vocal melody for this song. He’s a melody guru I swear. It was magic with the guitar. The lyrics came easy. It was real conversations and thoughts I had with my ex, and we put that into the song.
What role does Miami plays in your writing?
– Miami is very eclectic when it comes to music, fashion, and many other cultures. It’s a vibrant city that’s fun and exciting and is always reinventing itself. All of this influences my music and writing because it allows me to not hold back. I am able to push my boundaries and not be afraid of thinking something is “too much”, because nothing is every too much in Miami. Miami is a place where you are free to express yourself. It’s very accepting of all people, styles and way of life. It makes me feel like I don’t really have limits when it comes to creating music.
The single comes off your new album Honeyed Words – what’s the story behind the title?
– ‘Honeyed Words’ actually means sweet nothings, or meaningless words. I chose this title because it was quite fitting with the influences behind each song on the EP. Every track was created because of sweet nothings that were either told to me, or I had spoken.
How’s that coming along?
– The EP is done!! All the tracks are produced to perfection and ready to be released in the coming months.
Any tentative release date?
– Hopefully in the next few weeks!
Any plans to hit the road?
– My plans in the future would be to start out with a radio tour and go from there!
What else is happening next in Brie Angellina’s world?
– I have been filling my journal with new entries. Next for me is new music, shooting videos for some of these songs off the EP and collabs with other dope artists. I’m excited to see what the next few months will bring! I just have to keep working hard and stay focused.
For more information, please visit BrieAngellina online: