2) Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Drench Me With Your Lust”?
I wrote it with Peter and Daniel of the Cutfather Production team. They were in London working and they had an evening free to write with me and I went along. When they played me this particular beat, I immediately came up with that line which became the title. After the melody was in place, I wrote those lyrics in about 7 mins, went in to the booth and cut it.
3) Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
I don’t think I should answer that HA HA. A particular evening is all I will say!
Perfect. Everything came together so quickly and easily. and I love working with Peter and Daniel and will continue for as long as possible. The creative process can’t be forced and it never is with those 2.
6) What role does London plays in your writing?
London is home. I’m not really sure what part it plays in writing, but the vibe of London is different to the vibe of Copenhagen. Every city has its own identity and I guess I just bring a bit of London wherever I go and write. But only by accident haha!
7) How has Michael Jackson and Bruno Mars influence your music?
If it wasn’t for my mum video taping a Michael Jackson concert that was shown on TV, and growing up watching it, I don’t think I would have this sound. He is my biggest musical influence. Bruno Mars to me is the most recent of this kind of style and a super talented man. But it’s not just these 2. I grew up with Craig david Eminem foo fighters red hot chilli peppers stevie wonder. they all play a part in my growth in music and still listen to all of them regularly.
8) Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
Of course. All going well. I just want to stay in the studio and hopefully get on the road. When the time is right though.
9) Any tentative release date or title in mind?
Not yet but when I know, I’m sure you will too!
10) Any plans to hit the road?
Not as of yet. But I cannot wait until i hit the road. like i said before im made for touring and performing.
11) What else is happening next in AMiR’s world?
Drinking with friends and relaxing with my family and just writing and recording until its time to hit the road!