Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Another One”?
– So Another One is a high energy rock song, with what we believe to be extremely catchy melodies and heavy riffs/rhythms.
Did any event, in particular, inspire you to write this song?
– Actually yes, so interesting story. We finished up our video for “Give Me It All” and afterwards our drummer mentioned, it would be awesome to write a song that was a “heavy” follow up! So we all agreed and Blake (guitar) sat down and started working on the structure of Another One. We created the intro riff, verse, and chorus. Now, I’m not 100% positive when all the events with the lyrics and melodies took place but I do know why I wrote them. Basically, I was dating a girl, and I would say it was serious. We ended up breaking up. It happens. But then herself and my best friend at the time started to get real close. She ends up dating him, he’s gone, she’s gone, the friend group is all split, everyone is mad. It wasn’t good. The only way for me to possibly cope with the madness was to put it into words, into lyrics, into melodies. So that is exactly what I did. It’s a very real song.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– YES! We are very excited to release this video for Another One, It was a really fun and long shoot, and it came out great. You can be expecting it within the next couple of weeks!
How was the recording and writing process?
– It was amazing! Honestly this song was a lot of fun to record. We do it all ourselves so everyone knew their parts after we demo’d it out. Went and revised a line, a riff and it was done. The writing process was fairly easy I like to believe, because the music was there and the lyrics and melodies flowed extremely naturally. It is really easy to write about something negative, for me at least.
Do you tend to take a different approach when you are covering someone else than when you are writing original material?
– Yes, The biggest difference is when you write an original there is no template to follow. You don’t know your structure you don’t know your lyrics, you don’t know anything. It is a blank canvas. Where as when you do a cover you know the structure you know the progression you know how it is going to go. Yes we throw our flair on it, but there is only so much you can do. It’s why we are so excited to finally push the full EP of originals!
What role does South Florida play in your music?
⁃Well South Florida is home for us so it plays a huge role! From the shows around the tri-county area to our everyday relationships, everything plays a part into what Fame On Fire stands for and represents.
Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
– So happy you asked! We are releasing an EP of original material named “Transitions”. It is complete and ready for pre-ordered right now on iTunes and Google Play. The full EP drops on May 19th.
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
So everything is already set and ready to go! Cannot wait to release this EP.
Any plans to hit the road?
– At the moment we don’t have any plans to tour, however we are constantly mapping out where we would love to go! Once the EP drops I think things may change… (tour)
What else is happening next in Fame on Fire’s world?
– Well we are always writing and working on new material to release, and of course we can’t forget about the awesome covers, so keep an eye out for those! We are continuing to build our community and will be working hard on writing music we think you will all love! Will definitely be playing more shows and then eventually hit the road, so we look forward to seeing all of you at our next show! Thank you.