INTERVIEW: The Lotus
– Hi guys, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
We’re very good thanks! So busy promoting our new single and composing new music!
– Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Mars-X”?
We did change genre in our carrier for all of our works and Mars X now represents perfectly the band in its current transformation. The song is a complete blend of electronic music and hard rock.
– Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
The song was inspired by the “Mars-One” project led by Dutch researcher Bas Lansdorp which involves the colonization of Mars by humans.
Mars X doesn’t want to praise or criticise it but just try to instil those questions into the people: ‘Why we have to leave the Earth?’ How did we become aliens on our own planet? Who we are and what we aim for?
– Any plans to release a video for the single?
The video will be released on same day of the single, 5th May 2017. We’re very proud of it as we produced it and filmed it by ourselves. The band’s guitarist, Luca De Falco, which is also a photographer, directed the video as well.
– How was the recording and writing process?
The song has been originally written by lead singer Rox then arranged by the band. We gave it the final touch during the recording sessions at Airfield Studio, Cornwall.
– What’s been like to work with Paul Reeve and how did that relationship develop?
It was really cool. He’s such a clever and wise man and we’re so glad we had the opportunity to work with him. We got in touch initially by email, then we had some Skype video calls to discuss about the songs we recorded. Then we finally got into the studio in September 2016 to record the first 4 songs.
– How much did he influence the album?
He’s a really good producer so he actually tried to get all the best form us and our songs. However, you can certainly hear some of his touch on the songs, specially vocals!
– How’s your new album coming along?
We’ve recorded only 4 songs for now, but we should enter the studio in September 2017 to complete it.
– Any tentative release date or title in mind?
Our plan is to release at least 4 or 5 singles after Mars X to release the full length in 2018. No titles yet, I’m sorry 🙂
– Any plans to hit the road?
We’re doing some warm-up gigs in Manchester area and some in Italy as well but we’d like to go on tour as soon as possible.
– What else is happening next in The Lotus’ world?
We’re looking for a PERFECT LOVE. Is this our new single’s title?
Hi guys, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? MA – HEY! We are all …