Hi Ant, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– Thank you I’ve been blessed. Staying busy!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “All I Wanna Do”?
– Well for one it was an amazing opportunity to work with Tory Lanez. It’s got that hard, trap type vibe to it. Definitely a speaker knocker. Tory’s hook is super catchy and its been receiving a lot of positive feedback so far. We’re about to hit 200,000 views!
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– Not specifically, it’s just when there’s someone like that around me I tend to get really inspired. It was my first major feature so I had to showcase the outside of my norm and come hard.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– Not at the moment no. Lanez is currently on his I Told You tour. Seems unrealistic.
What was it like to work with Tory Lanez and how did that relationship develop?
– It was a really cool experience. Like I said, being around an artist of that tier and with the talent he has is super inspiring. I first met him the day he recorded the hook on our song. We had a laid back vibe the entire time. I recently was in Nashville with him and his camp for a show on the tour. Being with him again, but on the tour bus and backstage, etc., I can see a good relationship forming.
What did he bring to the song?
– He brought that trap feel to the song. Trap usually isn’t my preferred sub-genre but he gave the total direction of this record and I fed off of him.
How was the recording and writing process?
– We were actually in Joe Budden’s studio in North Jersey. Lanez had the (inspiration) flowing and burning, went up in the booth and laid the hook right off the head. Took him 20 minutes in total. I was amazed and the on-the-spot talent. As for me, I recorded at my usual spot Batcave in Philly. Everybody present was feeling it heavy. I knew we had something.
How’s your new album coming along?
– I’m really feeling the entire direction of it. It’s definitely one for the ladies. I’m very excited about it.
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
– Early 2017, the title is staying on the low for right now.
How controversial and honest can we expect this new material to be?
– Not so much controversy; definitely honesty. I always aim for honesty. Can’t respect the fake ish.
Any plans to hit the road?
– Eventually, pending what happens after this next release. Maybe something for the summer, I don’t know yet.
What else is happening next in Ant Vibe’s world?
– A bunch of my best material is soon to come and it’s all I’ve been thinking about. I’ve just been working hard and staying as busy as I possibly can, whether it’s writing sessions, studio sessions, photo shoots, developing a clothing line for my brand Many Grand, I believe its all about keeping yourself occupied. That’s what’s next – a heavy workload.
Vents Magazine Interviews The Opposite of Sad