Hope & Social’s new album ‘Feel’ shows a breadth and depth that extends beyond that of Hope and Social’s already eclectic previous catalogue.
Speaking of the single Hope & Social’s Rich Huxley says: “There was a lot of “whats’ the most ridiculous thing we can do here?” about it. Two glasses being smashed, door slams, sharp intakes of breath, a double octave shifted guitar solo, and the sound of a trumpeting elephant.” Whilst vocalist Simon Wainwright says: “Lyrically, it’s got a lot to do with the undulations of relationships. The awesome contrasting the desolation… so yeah, pretty standard love song stuff really.”
Feel is the second video the band are releasing from the album, with another 7 to come to complete the album and was created by Sodium (shotbysodium.com).Watch here.
A sonic-smorgasbord, the album is as light, bright and fresh as it is big, ballsy and bold. This band come over like a cross between Elbow having a tea party with The Polyphonic Spree. There’s a lot of joy and laughter and as their name encapsulates, much to be hopeful and social about.
“Feel” the album release tour dates:
• Brudenell Social Club, Leeds – Thursday 20th October
• “Feel – The Videos” Premiere – Hyde Park Picture House, Leeds – Saturday 22nd October
• Town Hall, Hartlepool – Friday 28th October
• The Bedford, London – Thursday 3rd November
• The Tin at The Coal Vaults, Coventry – Friday 4th November
• Ropetackle Arts Centre, Shoreham by sea – Saturday 5th November
• Gullivers, Manchester – Tuesday 8th November
• The Lion Inn – Blakey Ridge, York – Thursday 10th November
• Bilton Working Men’s Club, Harrogate – Friday 11th November