RISK! releases its 300th episode with an epic podcast featuring true, uncensored stories from every single member of cult comedy troupe The State. You’ll hear David Wain, Thomas Lennon, Joe Lo Truglio, Kerri Kenney, Michael Showalter, Todd Holoubek, Michael Patrick Jann, Robert Ben Garant, Ken Marino, Michael Ian Black, and RISK! Creator & Host Kevin Allison sharing funny, and many never-before-heard stories about their lives behind the scenes and working and playing together in the 90s. Janeane Garofalo makes a guest appearance. In classic RISK! form, it’s also completely uncensored and couldn’t be aired on regular radio, but you can download or stream as a free podcast on the RISK site and platforms including iTunes
– Joe Lo Truglio tells about doing psychedelic mushrooms for the first time with the group.
– Tom Lennon’s surprise from Kerri Kenney during his first rehearsal with The State.
– Michael Ian Black tells about how the competitiveness of the group once made him vomit all over himself.
– David Wain describes a gourmet dinner party the group once threw where all the food and supplies were shoplifted.
– Ken Marino tells of the time the group once screamed orgasmically for 40 minutes nonstop.
– Ben Garant talks dropping out of the group to become a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
– Michael Showalter describes how Kevin Allison got the idea to add a severed pig’s head as a prop for a State sketch while in a gay sex club.
– Kerri Kenney-Silver tells about the first time the group heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and slam danced like never before or since.
– AND MORE!
The RISK! podcast, which started in 2009 in former State member Kevin Allison’s NYC apartment, has grown to be a hugely popular live show and podcast getting over 1M downloads every month from fans around the world.
RISK! LIVE is performed monthly at both The Bell House in Brooklyn and Bootleg Theater in LA. It also travels across the country with host Kevin Allison to showcase local talent and stories.