How would you classify your music?
2. Who are some of your top 5 musical influences?
Radiohead, Nirvana, Hum, Wilco.
3. What do you want fans to take from your music?
We arent trying to reinvent the wheel. We just wanna create lush sonic soundscapes with crunchy guitars, fat drums and pleasing vocal melodies. We write music with no pretense or expectation. We honestly write music we enjoy and would wanna listen to. We just hope people enjoy the tunes as much as we do.
4. Can you tell us a bit about your latest album? When will it be released and how does it differ from your previous work?
Our new six track ep is called Into The Sun. It’s the first collection of tunes we wrote. Stylistically they’re pretty cohesive.
I’d say it’s indie rock with a shoegaze/indie/folk influence.
We tracked them all live. We worked with Eric Cronstein. Big fan of his work. Our drummer Cody has worked with him on other projects in the past.
5. What do you love and hate about the Music Business?
It’s one in the same. The yin and yang. The playing field is leveled now with the Internet and online distribution etc, but it’s over saturated with insincere and contrived music. There’s no doubt that this is a business. We aren’t concerned about being a huge band just more focused on maintaining our artistic vision. Doing things our way, complete control over our art.
6. What is the best concert you have been to? What do you like most about playing live?
Too many too list, tho Cody and I recently got to see the Deftones at sxsw and that was a really great show.
I think performing live is the ultimate high. It’s a shared experience with the crowd. Nothing like having a connection with a room full of people who are feeling your tunes.
7. Is there a song on this latest CD that stands out as your personal favorite, and why?
I would say my current favorite started out as my least favorite, Spend Time. I’d say it’s sonically interesting. The lead, the drums, the melody. It has a fun/spacey/indie rock kinda feel.
8. How have you evolved as an artist over the last few years? What made you decide to come back into the music business?
I feel any decent artist no matter what the medium should always be evolving. With having more life experience and more time with our instruments, we are all in a good place and it’s a more comfortable band situation for having fun and doing a band smarter.
As far as what made us come back, we never totally left but Cody and I were wanting to collaborate. We then asked our mutual long time friend Danial to get in on it. It clicked.
9. If you could meet, play a gig, co-write a song, have dinner, get drunk with any band or artist (dead or alive) who would it be?
10. So tell us what’s next?
We have a very busy 2016 ahead of us. Finished tracking our upcoming 4 song ep today! Gonna keep writing in hopes to do a split then a full length. Trying to get on the road and play as many shows as possible.
Hi David, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Things are good, thanks so much …