1. Hi girls, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Hello! We’ve been crazy busy, but that’s what we love about what we do 🙂
2. Can you tell us all about your latest single ‘Amnesia’? The song is about that feeling when you don’t trust the person you love. You don’t feel like it will ever work out and the only right thing to do for your own sake is to leave, but the moment you see them, you’re in Amnesia. They’re the only one that exists. We’re still not quite sure whether it’s love or a disease.
3. Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song? One of us is always attracted to a guy that isn’t the best person to hang out with, so yes. There were a couple of events that inspired us to write the song. We assume a lot of girls can relate to it…
4. How was the recording and writing process for this track? It was a great feeling – when all of your thoughts are leaving your mind and you turn them into a song! It’s almost like yoga, but instead of breathing, you’re singing. Also, Anthony Marshall is a great producer to work with – he’s probably the most lively and loud person we’ve ever met!
5. As models, does fashion play any role in your music? Music and fashion are very connected, like us as twins. Fashion is the way our music looks. We love to wear dark, symmetrical clothes to enhance the visual freakiness of being twins onstage 😉
6. Does the political events back home in the Ukraine influence your music in any way? Absolutely – it’s quite painful to see what is going on there right now. The country was never stable but it’s just turned into real political turmoil, however it was so inspiring to see people uniting together on Maidan Square to stand up for their future. We tried to capture what we felt and those events in our cover of Bob Marley’s ‘Get Up, Stand Up’. It was very beautiful, until it got to the point when our people started to get physically hurt.
7. What was it like to work with Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran, and how did that relationship develop? It was an amazing experience! We met when he was taking pictures of us for The Untitled Magazine. He’s not just an incredible musician/songwriter, he’s also a great photographer and a beautiful person. He has given us so much support that we can’t thank him enough, and he brought this confidence to us to experiment with sounds and melodies. We talked about music and he suggested to write a song with him, so we ended up writing eight! Not long after, we were offered the opening slot on the Duran Duran tour. Honesty, when we found out the news, we thought we were going to faint! Playing these arenas with legends like Duran Duran and Seal is something we never even dreamed about.
8. How much has he been influencing the record? A lot! He put all his keyboards in front of us and told us to pick which ones we liked and play around with them. If he liked something we played – we recorded it straight away and than he put all our ideas together. We now prefer to write songs in the pitch black as it’s something we got used to doing with Nick! He’d enter the studio and turn the lights off as it hurts his eyes. For him, light isn’t that inspiring – we get it now!
9. Does the new single mean we can expect new material – if so, how’s that coming along? Yes, we are releasing our EP in August! We’re so happy to finally share our music with the world! We have a lot more on the way.
10. Are there plans to play any shows? We’ve just played our first headline show in the Ukraine, which was amazing. We have the Italian tour with Duran Duran, and more shows after, but it’s best to be checking our website for updates! – www.bloomtwins.com