Hi Bimbi, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– I’ve been good thanks. How are you? 🙂
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “It’s Bimbi”?
– it’s an introductory song that ushers my music and art into the industry. It’s inspired by my love for theater, House music and most of all Afrobeats music.
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– Not in particular. I was just in the mood for a dance record. My producers (Gate House Music) were also in the same playful frame of mind during the recording session.
How was the film experience?
– The music video was amazing. I am really thankful for the whole team, they grasped my vision and ran with it. It was really fun, playful and surprisingly relaxing. Special thanks to Luke Biggins and Antoine of Mastermind productions.
How did your love for Afrobeats start?
– It started when I was much younger. I was super inspired by the likes of PlantashunBoiz and OJB Jezreel and I was performing a lot of their songs with a growing fan base. Out of popular demand, I started writing and performing my own music.
What are the experiences you are seeking to spread with your music?
– Motivation. I am a product of ‘try, try, try again’ and never stop trying.
Persistence is my motto. Until recently, I haven’t been given the opportunity to express my art, the way I want it. You see, no one ever gives you an opportunity without a cost and most times it’s a cost you can’t afford, like compromise. So always create your own opportunities, because a wise man will make more opportunity than he finds.
Does the new single mean we can expect a new album – how’s that coming along?
– Most definitely. However the release date has not been finalised. I could decide to release some songs tomorrow, you never know (he winks), I’m free-spirited like that.
Any plans to hit the road?
– Yes there is and imsooooo excited about it. We are working hard on perfecting a master piece, but until we think it’s ready you won’t be seeing me. But I would like to assure you that it is very very soon.
Hi Jamala, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? Wonderful, thanks a lot ☺ Can …