Hi guys, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– Thankyou. We’re in awesome spirits and eagerly looking forward to the year ahead!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Humanity Burning”?
– Absolutely. We’re excited for everyone to hear it. It’s got a bit of everything hasn’t it. Slow, fast, heavy, calmer bits, epic bits, solo’s, growls, screams, cleans. Did I miss anything?
We feel that song is a giant leap forward for the band musically speaking, in that it’s very distinctive compared to the rest of our stuff.
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– The world! It’s a scary place right now if you don’t adhere to the mainstream media. If you dig about and look into things, there’s a lot of worrying things happening. The inspiration comes from each of our lives and comes together with great impact.
Why naming the EP after this track in particular?
– It’s a song that relates to every single person on this planet. Rich and Poor. No matter what music you like. No matter what you do. Wether you’re a baby or an OAP. Our world and way of life is in danger of going up in flames.
How was the recording and writing process?
– Due to circumstances the gap between music and vocals being recorded was a bit longer than we would have liked, but we loved it. Hearing those ideas all taking their place and coming together is just amazing. The feeling when an idea in your head coming out better than you had hoped is like having your first orgasm again!
Where did you find the inspiration for the songs and lyrics?
– All of our music and lyrics come from deep inside us. The best music comes from the soul and that’s what this has. The lyrics stem from the worry that life as we know it could be over in an instant, and it’s a real possibility we should all be fearful of.
Any plans to hit the road?
– We have plans yes. We have gigs booked or in the pipeline in Wales, Scotland and from top to bottom of England. We’re open to play anywhere and want to play everywhere!
What else is happening next in Unheard Before The Wake’s world?
– Well Jaspers just had a baby. Chris is about to qualify in his profession, Ryan’s about to pass his driving test, Adam’s in the process of moving house and Dylan’ s about to eat some fried chicken.
Oh. And we already have new material written and planning our next release!!! Stay tuned!
Hi Branson, welcome to VENTS! How have you been? – Great, just enjoying the smoldering …