– Hi :] Thanks for having me on VENTS – really looking forward to speaking with you!
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Where The Wild Things Are”?
– “Where The Wild Things Are” was produced and co-written with award winning, platinum selling Swedish songwriter/producer Carl Ryden in his London studio. It was actually my first session in London, not to mention my first time EVER traveling internationally.
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– “Where The Wild Things Are” was an idea I had written down for a long time before I actually sat down and wrote a song with that concept. Being in such a beautiful place for the first time and meeting new people I was totally inspired and super excited. “Wild” some might say and that’s how it all started.
Any plans to release a music video for the single?
– The recording/writing process of this track was pretty amazing actually. It was my first session in London as I mentioned earlier, so I was a little out of my element and nervous, especially working with such a successful writer/producer. It started with a title and a cool guitar part, next thing I knew we were humming all sorts of melodies and words just started flowing. We managed to finish writing and recording the song in just a few short hours, which really set the tone for the rest of my trip in London.
What was it like to work with Carl Ryden and how did that relationship develop?
– To be honest, walking into a writing session with an multi-platinum selling songwriter/producer is kind of intimidating, but once we started writing and the vibes starting flowing; all the nerves went away and it was just 2 songwriters speaking the language of music.
How much did he influence the song?
– “Where The Wild Things Are” definitely wouldn’t be the same song without Carl’s input and influence on the track – his production took WTWTA to the next level and together we turned it into something magical.
What role does The Distillers and Melissa Etheridge plays in your music?
– I’m a rock chick at heart and was in a band called “Life Down Here” for about 5 years before I started making music as MADYX – Brody Dalle of the Distillers and Melissa Etheridge were both huge influences on me as a singer/songwriter and still are. Both writing raw, real-life emotions that everyone can relate to, hich is what I aim to do with my music. So them along with Pink, Katy Perry and so many others inspire me everyday.
Does the new single mean we can expect a new album – how’s that coming along?
– New music is definitely on the horizon for MADYX – in the last year I’ve had the honor of traveling and writing tons of new material around the world; planning on heading into the studio mid March/ early April.
Any plans to hit the road?
– Yes, at the end of this month (Feb) we are taking off on the Passport Approved 2017 Spring Tour making stops in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle, Portland and more. Planning some local shows, festivals and possibly some international dates in the summer.
What else is happening in Madyx’s world?
– This year has already started off to be a good year in Madyx’s world.
Recently won “Best International Music Video” at the 2016 Unsigned Music Awards in London, which secured us a spot on British Airways “Ones to Watch” playlist on every British Airways flight in 2017.
Madyx was also featured on Swedish rock band Sonic Syndicate’s third single “Still Believe” on their 6th studio album “Confessions” which is now available on Apple Music, iTunes and Spotify.